Dec 5, 2009

My First Post

so its a saturday afternoon today and i get this crazy idea to pen down my many and often random thoughts. the idea has been growing inside me for a few days now, like a tiny little seed in my crowded head but i never thought i'd end up writing a blog. i'm not a writing-a-diary sort of person cos firstly, i'm quite lazy and secondly, i used to think it was a waste of time writing down your thoughts when you can instead do something much more useful (like watching TV or facebooking or well, just hanging out).

but something's been happening last few days. i actually started thinking about the great entity called LIFE, (which has been constantly talked about, and people have written a gazillion novels on it, and sung songs about it, written beautiful poems on it, and even written countless blogs on this encompassing subject). of course, i didn't go to ask the usual questions "oh why are we living this life?" or "oh why is life so unfair?" or "life thou art cruel" ladidadida, i started thinking about those little things called coincidences (or some people call it accidents) and how these things define LIFE. this week i had so many coincidences, happy and otherwise, which made me go "okay i really need to write this down in a diary cos i want to remember it ten years later". these coincidences are nothing big but something about them make them memorable. and to me they actually are a major part of my LIFE.

anyways, enough of me being philosophical. what i'm trying to say is that i want to make sure that i dont forget these incidents in my life so hence this blog. i'm calling it "a somebody's diary" cos hey, i am a somebody and hey, this is also a diary, albeit a virtual one.

so thats my first post, with many more to come shortly. i've written down what i've wanted to say. my mission accomplished.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm interesting. I've shared the same feeling - that writing a diary is simply waste of time when you can be involved in doing other things. So lets see what we're going to read here and whether it's worth keeping a diary and recording the events of your 'LIFE'

Wanderlust said...

I love the name of your blog!

Sarah said...

thanks babe!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say Hi to Everyone!