Sep 3, 2010

leaving colombo - I

i leave Colombo in a few hours, knowing that i leave behind a treasure chest full of memories. i'm saying goodbye to a part of my life, spent in a city which is home in every special way and so in honor of all the beautiful moments i've had here, i wanted to share a list of 11 things, which i'm going to miss terribly, terribly, terribly.

1. Galle Face Green, a place which has seen me grow up literally. love the beach, the prawn vadas, the ice cream vendors, the acharus, the pier and everything else

2. Carnival, an ice cream parlour, to which a weekly visit is a must. gonna miss the best ever mint choc chip icecream

3.Living close to the beach so whenever i want to, i can go the beach to see the most amazing sunsets

4. My bedroom
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wanderlust said...

:(

nappy bum.... said...

this brings tears to my eyes...honestly gonna miss everything..though i left colombo awhile back, wherever in the world i was, i knew that when i get back home u wud always b there to b the first one to call...
u were "colombo" for me ....going to miss u terribly, nappy bum...

aparna said...

:(. Wonderfully written, made me nostalgic as well

Sarah said...

nappy bum, that was really touching....will miss you too
aparna, thanks a lot